Friday, July 18, 2008

Catch-up

Went into hiatus for a while, because my son not only got baptized and graduated high school, he also enlisted in the Army and is now off at Basic Training. I knew it was something he wanted to do, but it was rather sudden, and the reality hit me pretty hard. Then he goes to Airborne school, after that. Not sure when I'll see him again. And of course there's that whole thing around him going overseas into combat, because that's where he wants to be. So, it took some adjustment to not having him at home any more.
Which is why I was in a state of transition and couldn't really focus on writing.
I'm back on it again, though, rewriting the end of the plot, and hopefully soon will have the story completed in its entirety. That day will be a happy one, let me tell you. It's taking me so long just to figure out what and how I was going to tell it. So much else I wanted to get figured out as well, so that once it's written, there won't be any going back, really. Characters will be cast in stone, and I won't be able to make them into something else, after that.

It's going well. And yes, I'm proud to be the parent of a soldier. Come what may, he is doing what he wanted to do with his life.

No comments: