Monday, January 28, 2008

Whew... need a break.

Having the opposite problem for now, doing too much. I'm feeling rather drained, mentally. Added 45 pages to my manuscript, which puts it at 63319 words. This was not a NaNoWriMo novel, it is a series of fragmented scenes that need to be properly knitted together. So, it isn't word count I'm all that concerned with, but making a story with a beginning, a middle and an end. Because this was begun such a long time ago, before I really knew how to knit a story together, it was not created with the methods I use with new stories every year at NaNoWriMo. I did wonder at one point why I didn't write new stories at any other time of the year, and that is due to not having enough time or energy to do more than I'm doing now. I have so much on my plate, right now, writing-wise, and the real life monster has been gnawing at my ankles again.
My son is almost ready to graduate high school, and he took a course for spring semester at the local community college that requires him to go to class for three hours in the morning, twice a week. On top of finishing his high school requirements. He's also looking to get his driver's license, which requires jumping through more hoops for insurance and such. And we're down to one car, and I hope that in his navigating the morning commute that nothing happens to him or the car... because otherwise he'll be having to take public transit.
*pauses for a moment*
I'm a worry wort at times, but life experience has shown that Murphy's Law is alive and well. Ah well. I resign myself to such a fate as this life has seen fit to provide. :)

No comments: